Monday, January 11, 2010

Whales

Casey and I went on a whale watching boat tour today. I watched the whales and Casey watched the cocktails...Mai Tai anyone?

It was amazing!!! The humpback whales surrounded our boat and seemed to be so curious about what we were doing. At one point there were two whales close enough that their spray got on us...which we learned is really mucus...GROSS!

There is something very powerful and real about watching the grace and beauty of a whale. They really are large but I got a sense of connection, of equality and such excitement. I felt small and at the same time a part of something so great and enormous. This trip has opened my eyes in many ways...really about myself and the changes I have been able to make. I believe that because of those changes I am now able to see the world as I should see it...mysterious, beautiful, raw, real and precious.

I don't know what you would call the experiences I have been able to have internally...some may call them apifinies...AH HA momemts...I just call to them like a soft whisper that was there the entire time. I feel so much peace...more than I have in years.

I also got to spend time with Dad and Casey at the Golf course at Mauni Lani this morning. It was fun to watch their competitive nature come out and their love for a sport. The course is beautiful beyond words...even the sand traps look inviting.

We met up with Amy and the boys for a little shopping and lunch where dad swiftly ushered everyone away from the Louis Vuitton store and once again past Tiffany and Co. I wonder why? I got pictures of Tiffany and Co. because I love the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's and the L'Occitane store because it made me homesick for my mommy! The boys got to run around the shopping area for a while and show off their speed. I think they're loving the sun andI can't wait to see the time when they truly are little surfer dudes.

I'm super tired so all the pictures are kinda lumped together...but I'm really just doing this for myself...I don't know if anyone is even reading this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are all the pictures of the whales and the sunset cruise? sounds fun.

Chelsea Smith said...

They are on the player at the top of the blog. Sometimes it doesn't work so I might have to fix it when I get home. Thanks for your interest...you anonymous mystery friend : )