Saturday, January 9, 2010

All My Senses

Another day in paradise, yet it seems like a rebirth inside. There is something that awakens in my soul when amongst these islands and once again I feel ALIVE. I feel the breeze on my face, the waves against my body and the sun on my skin. I smell that intoxicating sweet mixture of plumeria and salt as it dances into my senses and paints the rainbow of Hawaiian life.

Today was mostly filled with sun and surf. Casey and I took a walk this morning through some lava tubes and then rewarded ourselves with a nice moment in a hammock on the beach.

I must say that this was one of the highlights for me. The only other time I have been to the Big Island of Hawaii, I spent many hours in the hammocks outside the hotel dreaming of life as an adult. What kind of love would I find…where would I live…what would my children be like…what would I be like? Now that some of those questions have answers, it was nice to be in that same spot and know that all was as it should be…just as I believed then, I believe now…there are no accidents.

We joined the Prestons once again for lunch and dinner and will have great memories of this day.

The boys exhausted themselves in the sand and even tried to make some friends today. This is definitely a trip of many firsts for them.

Instead of try to explain each picture there is a montage below for your enjoyment. Much love to you all! Stay safe and warm : )








































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the music (hula hula) and all the pictures....looks so warm and sunny...have fun, miss ya...Momma P