Friday, January 8, 2010

ALOHA

Okay, let's start at the beginning. Here are Ashton and Corey at the airport...the beginning of a long day for everyone but these two were TROOPERS!!!


The flight from SL to LA was packed but short enough that everyone did ok. Then we had a gate change in LA that was kind of confusing and a super pain when you a stinky bum and no food in your tummy. The flight from LA to Kona was full too but Amy managed to get a bulkhead seating for her and Casey which gave the boys some room to play with toys. Dad was across the isle and I was in first class, thanks dad. It may sound snobby that I sat up there but most of you know why.

Overall everyone did wonderfully!!! I am so proud of Ashton and Corey and can't wait to tell them about their first plane ride some day. What a great opportunity to be apart of that!
This was my fist view of the ocean this morning as we went to visit some friends...ALOHA!!!

Corey and daddy in the sand for the first time. Corey couldn't figure out why his feet kept sinking at first and was a little wobbly but then he got the hang of it. This was such a fun experience to see for the first time. I wouldn't trade it!!!


More water time!
Amy (mommy) with Ashton, Corey and family friend Cheryl Preston. The boys LOVE the water and spash like fishes.



Corey and his sweet cheeks!


Corey attacking me and the camera on the ground. This kid is addicted to ANY electronic device.


Ashton, playing in the sun.


A tranquil little bay at the Prestons (Stan and Cheryl) hotel. We went to their hotel and swam, ate lunch and went to the beach. This is on the way to the beach and is full of crazy looking crabs and tiny little fish.



Ahhh...the beach!!! Beautiful Hawaiian sun and sand between my toes...I can't believe how much I missed this.


The Ocean...need I say more? This is where I truly feel accepted, at peace, centered. It's so beautiful here with the contrast of so much lava rock and then the blue ocean. Casey and I swam with sea turtles today near the rocks you can see. We took a few hits on the rocks and got some battle wounds but OH was it worth it. The surf is high now but makes for an even powerful experience by bringing to life the sounds of nature.



Ashton checking out the ocean and planting each foot carefully in the sand...it made me think about the poem called footsteps. At one point it got a little too hot so I picked him up to carry him. How many times have I been carried in my life by those around me? I am so grateful for this chance to find my center again and connect with the universe.


More beach and rock.


Just a little light breeze to whisper the Hawaiian spirit.


Cheryl and Corey.


After a great day of playing outside we went to dinner at Tommy Bahama's grill...SOOOOOOOO good. Then we came home and dad got attacked my his boys...what a great picture!


Well, that's the end of Day 1. I'm so tired but am having a great time!!!! See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

LUCKY! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL AND SUNNY IT IS THERE....AND HOW SMOGGY, GRAY, COLD AND UGLY IT IS HERE! THE BOYS ALWAYS LOOK SO WELL MANERED. IF THEY EVER SCREAM OR THROW A FIT TAKE A PICTURE AND LET ME KNOW. HE HE HE! SOAK IN THE SAND FOR ME!
KEEP THE UPDATES! I LOVE ALL THE PICS. (OH BY THE WAY I MUST AGREE WITH YOU ON NEW YEARS. EVERYONE WAS A LITTLE BIT OUT OF LINE)! HA!

The Playin' Lakins said...

Looks like a really fun trip! Love the song choice, too! :)

Jessica said...

Isn't it lovely to have such a theraputic place? I feel the same about Laguna Beach.
The boys are darling and I am loving their long hair.
Enjoy your time there.