Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fletch

Oh the waning moments of a vacation. I woke this morning to Casey jumping on my belly saying, "C'mon, get up! It's my last day here!" And so the day began.

Casey and I fell into our 5 day routine of snuggling the boys, feeding them breakfast, chasing them like lost boys and beefing up on our Disney Channel favorites. I will honestly miss the one on one time with Ashton and Corey. I think Casey and I have been very fortunate to have developed a bond with them in this way.

Then before I knew it I was once again lounging in paradise watching the waves roll in and feeling the sand warm as morning turned to day. We all spent most of the day at the beach at Mauni Lani. An absolutely incredible day!

There is the most serene bay there where sea turtles come up for air after feeding off the vegetation on the rocks. There are schools of fish swaying with the waves and once again there are the hammocks that line the beach where you can sit and wish and dream.

Today was a great day for me and two particular sea turtles. One I named Fletch and the other Mr. Underhill (from the movie, Fletch). Fletch was the first turtle of the day and swam up right in front of me to the point of nearly taking my nose off. He likes the sun like I do and managed to work himself up onto the black lava rocks to sun bathe when I wasn't looking. I sat with him for a while and watched his eyes open and close as he tried to ignore me and get some sleep...sorry Fletch but you fascinated me! Instead I listened to him tell me all about his journey from Australia and how he settled here with his little sea turtle family because he learned the hula at a young age and was facinated by its origin...thus applying for citizenship and becoming a hardworking Hawaiian sea turtle.

Mr. Underhill on the other hand was a cool customer and stayed to the water games. He is GINORMOUS and has a sort of yellowish shell. He didn't really have much to say seeing as how he was in the water all day but he did look quite peaceful as he swam about his daily routine in the sea turtle world. I imaine it's hard working for so little and entertaining nosey girls from Utah who won't leave you and your colleagues alone. Either way, they were great and very memorable.

I don't have any pictures of my two esteemed friends because of the water/camera situation and the fact that I was "swimming" (aka transporting) Casey to and from Fletch because she didn't have water shoes on. I'm pretty sure the pictures wouldn't have turned out anyway if the camera was either at the bottom of the bay or on a towel trying to dry out the sand and salt water that would be corroding all its intricate software watcha-ma-call-its. So, please take my word for it and the next time you visit the Mauni Lani bay give them some love from their girl in Utah.

Casey insisted that we get a family vacation picture before we left the beach today so those are the cute little pictures below.

This is the sissies photo that dad took just before we left to take Casey to the airport. I had a lot of fun with her on this vacation and will miss waking up without her tomorrow.
Well, anyway...just two more days and one night left. The count down is on anyway you look at it. Much love!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful girls...i am so glad that you are my daughters. I love you both so much.