Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mahalo


Wow...what a day! Waking to the the sound of the palm trees swaying just outside my window, the smell of the ocean breeze and the excitement of another day in Hawaii. Dad, Amy, Ashton, Corey and I hit the road early today to do a little exploring in the town of Kailua. It is a cute town right on the coast with lots of shops and restaurants. We watched the surf...and surfers as we ate lunch and then visited a local farmers market.
We also spent some time at Hapuna beach today where the waves were rockin' and the boys played in the sand. It seems that they have become accustomed to the feel of it between their little toes and they look so comfortable in this setting.

I have become comfortable here too. Everything seems so familiar that was once foreign...just in time to pack my bags and head back to Utah and the cold weather. I'm looking forward to seeing RJ...it seems like a year since last week in a way and to hear Ginger's husky song that she only sings for me : )

Of course I will miss the Hawaiian surroundings but take many good memories with me. I've decided that in another life...maybe after my Italian life...I might be Hawaiian. I have fallen in love, once again, with the culture, the history, the beauty, the language...all that is Hawaiian. In my dreams tonight I hope I dance the hula and surf the waves one last time before I leave the magical realm of the Aloha spirit.

Mahalo!

2 comments:

des said...

i love it! hope you are having the best time. such cute lil babies.

lindaballoutalkingtoyou said...

From your posts I think you would enjoy my historical novel Wai-nani, High Chiefess of Hawaii-Her Epic Journey. Most of it takes place on the Big Island which was the center of the ancient Hawaiian culture -the birth place of Kamehameha and his last resting place as well.
Check it out at www.LindaBallouAuthor.com or Amazon