Friday, July 4, 2008

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."


The title to this post is an actual quote from Emerson. To be honest, it sums up what I feel about alot of people and events in life. I love to hear authentic views, thoughts, feelings, perceptions and experiences. Keeping that in mind I also identify with the fact that quotes were at one time someones own knowledge. The great lesson I continue to learn about knowledge is that it is ever increasing and ever changing. What will happen with what I know today? How will it increase? Will it be false? Will it change my life? These questions float lazily in my mind always but rise to coat the ever active imagination of this thirty year old-five year old. It is with these questions that I continue on...

Today is Independence Day! How grateful I am for my freedom!!!! I am blessed to speak, feel and love what, when and whom I choose. I am blessed with the ability to create life, love and happiness. What a beautiful world I live in! So often I hear varying views on the destruction and chaos around us. Today I CHOOSE to feel the love and to give love! It is this world that I trust to surround my family and encourage my friends. It is this world that I cultivate and prepare for my own children to be sustained by. It is this world that my sweet brothers will enter with the innocent eyes of heaven! And it is THIS world that is MY test! I would not choose it another way. I will no longer speak of the times when I would. This is the place I am in and it is up to me to make each day count. Yes, I am one person, one woman...and how divine that is! I can not speak for you, but I know my ancestors & my forefathers were conscious of my existence and the path I walk. I know they gave and worked for my very survival. I AM GRATEFUL!!! I AM BLESSED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great outlook on the world. I think it would be great if more of us could look at the world this way. I will start loving more of this beautiful world we live in. Maybe this will pay it forward.
Love ya baydoll.