Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Goodbye Sweet Grandpa

Today is the day of your funeral Grandpa. Today is the day when all the family and friends gather to support one another and celebrate your brilliant and beautiful life. Can I ask just one question? I want to know where you'll be sitting so I can sit next to you like I used to. I remember sitting by you and the calmness you brought to life.
I remember sitting together at the Old Farm Pond, feeding the ducks and then sitting back watching nature allow us to glimpse it's authenticity. I remember going swimming at the pool and always wanting there to be enough tags for us all to get into the pool. I remember your encouraging words as I struggled during my teenage years and how often you would want to talk about life. I hold dear the time RJ and I were able to share our patriartical blessings with you and Grandma and the beautiful stories you told us after. I remember being in the temple with you for the first time and I remember seeing your face after the women in the family dressed Grandma's body in preparation for burial.
I have memories of you that will last a lifetime and then I have experiences that will go on forever. You are such a gentle example in my life. You have counseled RJ and I many times on events in our marriage and the most common advice was that the spirit would guide us to the correct path. Thank you for having faith in my ability, even when I, myself lacked it.
I will miss you and I'm sure at times today I will feel selfish. But in the heart of my soul I know how happy I am that you are living your next stage of your spiritual life and that Gramie is at your side as it should be. I love you and will miss you! Thank you for always telling me I'm beautiful (even just after waking up) and for calling me sweetheart and dear. I'm pretty sure RJ picked up on that as he calls me Babydoll all the time. When I hear him speak that I initially think of you and the playful respect you have always shown women. Thank you!!!! May God bless peace and joy in your spirit and love and light in your heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your thoughts. You have such a tender relationship with your grandparents. Love you Babydoll.