Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Coolest Dad In The Universe

I am willing to argue one fact with anyone...I HAVE THE COOLEST DAD IN THE UNIVERSE!!! Some of my earliest memories with my dad are of him playing his guitar and singing my sisters and I to sleep at night. I'm not talking about a soothing, calming lullaby either. I mean The Doors, The Beatles, The Who, Simon and Garfunkel, Led Zepplin, Neil Young, Crosby Stills and Nash...you know the basic life blood of music.

I remember going to the 49th street galleria and recording "Proud Mary" in their sound booth with my sisters and my dad on a weekend outing. I remember practicing the words to "Where Have All The Flowers Gone," with my sisters so we could perform a concert for my parents.

I can also sing every song on the "Cats" broadway soundtrack and I always listen to Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever album each time I take a nature drive to the Hunstville Monastery.

I love my "little daddy!"

On July 4th my dad and his band, The Revised Edition, played at the Cottonwood Club. These are a few of the pictures and videos from that night. Some of them I posted for the sound only...OHHH, the sound!!! If you ever get the opportunity to watch your parents do something they absolutley love...CHERISH IT and never forget!!!!

Rockin' out!

"Can I have your autograph?" This was seriously SOOOO cute!!!


















The Baby Boys were dancin'...Amy and I were loving it!

3 comments:

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

HELLO MARY POPPINS! WE'VE MISSED YOU ALL (EVEN THOUGH YOU LIVE ACROSS THE STREET)! THAT IS SO NEAT THAT YOU ARE ALL MUSICALY TALENTED! I WANT TO HEAR YA SING SOME "CATS" SOMETIME! MIKE AND I LOVE THE MONASTERY! (THEY HAVE AWESOME HONEY) AMY'S BELLY IS CUTE! I AM SURE THE "BOYZ" ARE GOING TO GROW UP LOVING MUSIC AS WELL! LET'S GET TOGETHA SOON

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

OH BY THE WAY I FOLLOWED YOU ON TWITTER...HANGING OUT IN THE NUDE? WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT! HA! HA! THAT'S NOT LIKE YOU AT ALL !LOL!

Jessica said...

What a cool dad! I love the pic of him looking up at the fireworks