Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Alexander Supertramp

Christopher Johnson McCandless
I watched the movie, "Into The Wild" yesterday. WOW...WOW...WOW!!! I've got to be honest, I'm letting this movie mess with me a little. Is it human nature or spiritual nature to believe in such freedom? Is it truth or terror to be the one and only for yourself? Does happiness only exist in being shared (as it is portrayed in the movie)? How much does the HUMAN body actually hinder the spirit?

It's hard to not be envious of such ambition and genuine creation. I know many times in myself (and others) freedom seems to be a way of running away from what/who we are or are becoming. I get that...but I also get the newness and adventure of it! How refreshing that must have felt at times. You can look a million directions and find opinions about this storty. I will tell you mine. This man's life is authentic and raises questions and fire within my own being. This one will be a hard one for me to forget!!!! God bless you and keep you Christopher!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I have read the book twice and seen the movie. I still to this day feel the way you do, I just can't express my way the way you do. I still though find myself being angry at this young mad at times being so unprepared, and naive. But in the end it makes you wonder what you would do if you were in his shoes doesn't it? It is a powerful movie. It was even more powerful to me since I have lived in AK. It is an unforgiving, amazing film. Check out the soundtrack if you like Pearl Jam. It is just as haunting as the movie.

Chelsea Smith said...

I know what you mean Jess! The music is great...I actually bought the soundtrack a few months ago. Lot's to think about!

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD MOVIE...I LOVE YOUR NEW MUSIC FOR THE MOMENT! I WAS BORN IN 83 BUT I LOVE THE 80S!
HAVE FUN IN ST.GEORGE THIS WEEKEND! IT'S GOING TO BE NICE AND TOASTY! MISS YOU ALL (LET US KNOW IF WE NEED TO LET LITTLE DOGGIE OUT)!

Anonymous said...

I really liked his point on all the lies that we as society portray.

Candy McCall said...

Todd and I watched this a few months ago. Pretty Crazy.
The soundtrack was pretty cool.