Friday, September 12, 2008

Only The Beginning

RJ and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary on August 28th. I can happily and honestly say, this is only the beginning. We have grown up together in so many ways and it's hard at times for me to tell where we are two in the fabric of one. My life memories are scattered with the laughter, the smile and the love of the most amazing person. If you are fortunate enough to know RJ, you know these qualities. His laugh is infectious. His smile is unforgettable and his love is perfect!

RJ and I have been through lessons that have challenged us, brought us closer together than most people would ever "hope" to be and yet today I feel closer to him that I did yesterday. I have known RJ for over half my life. I have had daily contact (for the most part) with him for the last 16 years and I ache and desire to be near him, to learn of him, to feel him and to continue to know him.

It is my blessing to be "married to my best friend!" I have the opportunity to stay up all night and giggle about the most obsurd situations with him...to hold his hand through tragedy...to see him succeed with honor...to hold him close when we dance...and to begin our life together. I am grateful!

RJ, I am in love with you! Ti Amo!!!

6 comments:

The Playin' Lakins said...

Hey gorgeous! Congrats to you and your studly hubby on 10 great years! You two are so cute together and it is so awesome to see those pictures and literally see how the two of you have always been close, but continue to grow closer as time goes by. Here's to 10 more!

Anonymous said...

Go Chels and RJ!
Luv KP

Unknown said...

Congratulations on ten years! It was fun to see all those pictures of you guys. Especially all those of high school dances. You guys have been with each other for a long time!

Anonymous said...

Babydoll. That is a sweet tribute to our 10 years. In your notes you talked to highly of me. The truth is that you make the people around you better by just knowing you. I just recieve the gift of your love daily. So if I shine in your eye's, it is because of the love that i get from you. I love you babydoll. I look forward to everyday that i spend with you. Love,
RJ

Jessica said...

I CAN NOT beleive it has been 10 years. You married a wonderful man. But you know that already!

des said...

10! Wow! I remember your wedding!

...

Man, are we both that old?

jk - you are great! congrats!