Monday, September 15, 2008

Love you MUCH

From the moment I joined my family I have been a sister but I have always been the little sister, the one everyone attempts to protect from the lessons in life, the one that will always be symbolically hoisted above the flooding waters and kept dry (or so you “think”). How wonderful is this feeling? How great is it to delight in the core defininition of words like family, love, compassion and sisterhood? IT IS ASTOUNDING!!! IT IS BREATHTAKING!!! IT IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love my family beyond measure! My sisters and I, as separate and unique as we are, share the same heartbeat and the same devotion to each other. I live in a space of gratitude and appreciation for this gift but believe it or not…I now face the most humbling and divine experience of my life.




My little brothers, bless their sweet souls, have NO IDEA what they are getting into…unless they do!!! They are entering a family that is mostly crazy but completely unique!!! They are completing a family that is rare in its compassion and way too close with its disclosure. My dad can confirm this…three very loud and open daughters will teach you this quickly!

It humors me to feel that it’s taken me this long to figure it out. I have “titles” that are offered by the levels of life that open themselves to me. I have accomplishments and I have successes that could carry me all my days but I have yet to fully experience the one that has impacted my life so intimately…that of sister…big sister!

Time has allowed me the chance to let this change permeate the layers of my life and I am EXCITED!!! I know I really have no idea what to expect or how to really feel. However, I do feel love and a tangible connection with these spirits that I know are “old souls.” I know what they have already taught me and I marvel at the possibilities of what they will continue to unveil.

I know that I will absolutely lay my life down for them. I know I will be the best example I can be to them. I know I will be the crazy, wacked out sister that only I can be for them. With a little help from the other “sisters,” and by this I do NOT mean nuns, these little boys are going to be the most spoiled, most carried, most sporty and most LOVED little brothers in the world. So to my dad and Amy I say…“Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones (Gen 50:21).”

Love you MUCH!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would walk through the artic naked and with only popsicles to eat if you will be my sister!!! You are the most beautiful woman, Chels! I love you and consider this year the greatest because I met you!

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

LOOK HOW CUTE THE BABIES ARE! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! THEY ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU TO LOOK UP TO! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LATE! YOUR PICTURES ARE SO CUTE! YOU GUYS ARE THE CUTEST MOST LOVEY DOVEY COUPLE I KNOW! CONGRATULATIONS! LET ME KNOW WHEN THE BABIES GET HERE.

Nic said...

Chelsea,
I saw your comment on my blog and added you. I'm so glad to have this means of staying in touch. The baby boys will be so much fun, you will be an awesome big sister, as will Casey and Stacey.
So great to see you all again. If Amy would like this bassinet, it is her's, free of charge. I just need the extra space and want to know it is in a good home. Sadly, I only have one. Let me know
Nicole

Jessica said...

You, Stacey, and Casey, are going to be the best aunts. So much fun!