Saturday, September 20, 2008

Animal Cookies

RJ and I went to the Zoo on our anniversary. It was so much fun! We were like two little kids! One of the most fun anniversary ideas EVER…thanks RJ!!

The Penguins really inspired RJ to get in tune with his inner self. I begged him to let me buy this penguin hat...NEG...cute picture though. He got a little "Hogle Zoo" hat instead.

I kept telling him that this wasn't a real lion but did give him an animal cookie for risking life and limb for this picture. Those teeth are pretty sharp and what if the water turned on...that could take your eye out!!!

When we walked in the gates the first thing we saw was the Train...we both turned to each other and said "let's ride the train." It was hillarious!!! This train is made for little people...like little kids...we were scrunched next to each other and lovin every minute of it. I couln't have been happier!
This elephant is too awesome! It was showing all these tricks and playing...yes, that's right...SOCCER!!! At first I felt bad that they had to put on a show for us...but then I was ready to throw money!!! So talented and I love elephants anyway because they mate for life...like me!!! (this is the ONLY time you are allowed to think of me in elephant terms :) )


My absolute favorite...the carosel!!! This was my favorite "ride" as a child. I even believe my parents would put me on this and tell the ticket taker to let me go around for an hour or two...I would have been completly content!!! RJ stood close just to make sure I didn't fall off...

These are some of the other animals. Seriously, this was a FUN day!!!

RJ's magestic pose with a Rhino statue...

I finally found a statue of "Thunder Cat" from He-Man..."I have the POWER!!!"


What a great time! We are goof balls and this was the perfect place for us to celebrate that! I had such a good time and we were laughing the entire time. I just felt like sharing our dorky moments and knew you would enjoy this as much as we did!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, it looks like 2 animals had the best day at the zoo!!....the pictures are so cute. thank you for sharing.

The Playin' Lakins said...

Chels, what a fun day! You two so deserved to just have fun and be yourselves! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

Fun day! I love the zoo so much that we have a zoo pass. I have to share my giraffe story from the other week. My girlfirends and I were talking while the little ones were running around the giraffe house. We hear all this commotion coming from the other end. The female female has started peeing, and the male stuck his tongue in the stream, then stuck his long head out at the crowd and pulled a me. ed lip purce. It was like he was saying to us, "ahh, that was some tasty stuff!" Stick but we wre laughing so hard! Gotta love the animal kingdom!