Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gratitude

For so many reasons I feel the need to post about the gratitude, love, honor and respect I feel for my immediate family.  I wish I had the words and time to post about all the loved ones in my life...but regretfully there is not enough time in a LIFETIME to do so.  I am a blessed soul to have so many I love, have loved and love me in return.  So, to you that may feel left out...you are not.  Many of the words below do apply to you and my heart is full because of you.  Thank you!!!

(These are in no particular order...)


Dad - I love so much about you.  I learned to accept myself through your eyes...the same brown eyes I have always loved to share with you.  I learned to challenge life from the courage and strength you raised me to believe I have.  I believe my sense of humor came from you and you are the funniest person I know.  I learned to step back and observe from you but also how to dive into the thick.  I learned how to love music from you but still long for your talent!  I have also learned what it is to love family through your eyes...and in an odd way what being a sister should mean.


Stacey - I get lost in your eyes every time I am near you.  I have learned what true friendship is from you.  I have learned how to laugh...long and hard with you!  I have learned how to celebrate life and love from you.  I have learned how to be a big sister from you.  I have loved you from FOREVER and feel such a kindred love with you...you are half of what makes me whole.  I have learned that I can share love in many ways from you.  I have learned one of my most valuable life lessons from you...the sweet way to forgive...the right way to live.


Mom - I almost can't write about you with the words I know.  I honestly think there is a language God developed for you and I that I haven't learned yet...but I feel every meaning of the words so deeply for you (does that make sense???).  I learned how to smile from you.  I have learned how to accept and love from you.  I believe myself to be a compassionate person because of the kindness you exemplify.  I love DEEPLY because you have taught me that's the only way to love.  I have learned that everything happens for a reason from you and share some of my most treasured moments in life with you.  I am filled with gratitude for the life you have given me.


Ginger - You are anything but a dog.  I believe you have a spirit that was brought to my life for an important reason and you probably know more about me than most humans.  I am so proud to admit that I have the BEST conversations with you.  I think you are the best snuggle buddy and I will love you always.


Ashton - You have the most personality of anyone in our family.  Your smile is absolutely the most beautiful and infectious I have ever seen.  I love your kisses, your bright eyes and the hugs you love to give.  I love to hear your giggle and see the love you have for so many.


Corey - You are such a sweet little boy!  You are already such a deep thinker and I absolutely love to watch you learn and analyse life.  You have the most passionate way of approaching life and such a fun and spunky attitude.  Your smile and flirty little ways are so darn cute and your loving snuggles are THE best!


Casey - You are such a stunning and unique soul.  I have learned a complex way of thinking from you that strangely brings simplicity to life (once again...does that make sense???).  I have learned strength and acceptance of myself from you and how to pick myself up at times.  I have learned the importance of sisterhood from you and marvel at the protective nature you so perfectly display.  I have learned how to break through emotional barriers with you and have surfed some of the most amazing waves of life with you.  You were my first hero in life and I still want to be like you someday.  Even though we seem so different on the surface...deep inside we have to exact same core.


Drew - I have loved you from the beginning.  You are a great gentleman and display such a security of sweetness.  I love you for loving Stacey so gently, so deeply and for accepting me without question.  I feel a deep bond with you as a brother and dear friend.  I feel like I have known you forever and that a connection is comfortable and unspoken sometimes with you.  I admire your knowledge and marvel at the peace you bring to ANY situation.


Amy - You are one of the most giving people I know.  You have a nurturing way about you that sets so many at ease.  You have given me such important and beautiful gifts by bringing Ashton and Corey into this world.  Your true beauty runs so deeply and the passion you have for life is brilliant.


RJ - I am really sorry this didn't originally post.  I am so in love with you!  Just know all the stuff I wrote is great and I am very grateful for you!

I love my family so deeply.  I may not show it perfectly and I know I don't show it often enough.  I have such gratitude and appreciation for their acceptance and complete love.

Please, be safe, love long, laugh often, smile much and KNOW I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
ti amo!
Chels

4 comments:

RJ Smith said...

Those are such sweet thoughts about everyone. You also bring so much love to your family.

Anonymous said...

thank you for you beautiful thoughts and sweet words for your family....i love you best!!!

Anonymous said...

Chelsea...thank you for your beautiful thoughts and sweet words for your family...you are a giving and wonderful person and we all are better for having you in our lives....I love you best!!!

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful and diverse family. there is just one person missing that i want to know more about and that's you!!! i would love you to dedicate a blog post to Chelsea. i love reading your blog. you inspire me. i hope everyone else loves it as much as i do.
rachel