Friday, July 8, 2011

Dr. Pepper

I was drinking a Dr. Pepper the other day…one of my top three sodas that I LOVE! I kept looking at the can and the writing ”23 flavors” were almost taunting me…throwing me into this claim of diversity and making me wonder if I have diversity within me. So, since I don’t exactly know all the “flavors” that make up my body…I mean there’s potassium, sodium, oxygen, water, carbon, amino acids (which are made of a lot), nitrogen, urea (again, I think made of other things), bile, tears, sweat…all of which have water in them…I don’t know. This is why I’m not in a profession where these things are vital for me to know.


So, I will write my list of 23 things (flavors if you will) that would stop me in my tracks…or at least get my mind thinking on it for a bit.

The flavors in Dr. Pepper are:

cola   herry  licorice  amaretto (almond)   vanilla (vanillin)  blackberry  apricot   caramel  pepper  anise  arilla 
ginger  molasses  lemon  plum (prune)  orange  nutmeg  cardamom  all spice  coriander  juniper  birch  rickly ash

1- A girl named Navy
2- A story about a woman named Dobson
3- Babydoll…sorry “Babadoll”
4- Gummy bears
5- Mashed potatoes
6- My father’s eyes
7- My mother’s hands
8- Pretty much all sports
9- RJ’s laugh
10- Rosemary
11- Snow skiing with the sisters
12- The color blue
13- The endless blue in his eyes (this applies to several people)
14- The feeling of sand between my toes
15- The peace I can find inside myself when I’m alone
16- The phrase, “what is this?”
17- The smell of leather
18- The sound of a guitar
19- The sound of the ocean
20- The way a marble twirls
21- The way a wiggle car corners
22- The weight of Ginger against me
23- The word acceptance
24- The word Gypsy
25- An ice cold Dr. Pepper

1 comment:

RJ Smith said...

All I can say is "Priceless"!