Monday, July 4, 2011

Declare Your Independence

Today I celebrate my Independence!  Although I can not possibly know the feelings of the authors that created a path for my freedom of speech that allows for me to even write this post...I know the feelings and sense of appreciation I have for such freedom each day.  I would love to say that I have never taken my freedom to speak, worship, vote, sing, dance, THINK for granted, but that would be a lie.  I am human.  I am not considered by anyone I know as a political person and I certainly couldn't tell you the entire history of the country I call home...and am PROUD to call home.  I do however know that I do now realize the blessing it is to live where I do and have the opportunities I have in the United States.  I even love the name of my home...and I like the idea of unity...and will only focus on that today! 

I can also say that I have read the Declaration of Independence...and if you haven't, I challenge you to do it.  I guarantee that it will bring emotions to the surface that other writings will not.  There is a beauty in the wording and definite patriotism in the message.  I have journeyed through the streets of my nations capitol and have seen this document at the Library of Congress.  I continue to stand amazed at the courage and stories that weave through the history of America.  I know I am grateful for all that I have and hold my independence extremely close to my heart...it is sown into my soul.

Happy 4th of July...please DECLARE YOUR INDEPENDENCE!!!

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation...And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."

SO beautiful!  I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor to you!

2 comments:

RJ Smith said...

We truely owe so much to the people that made this choice. And to the many that fought for it. Beautiful post Babydoll.

Anonymous said...

love your comments....i remember when you and i went to washington dc. i would love to do that vacation over again...we need to remember more of the history of our country and those who have given us our freedoms...love ya p