Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Running Man

RJ ran his first 5k on October 10th. Our nephew Jared ran too.
It was fun to see them together and have Jared over to spend time.

RJ has been training and working really hard at the gym to get ready. It's such a great accomplishment for him and I am so proud of him. It has really turned into a wonderful outlet for him and I've watched his determination grow. I've always known what strength he has but this became more of a mental victory than anything. He's been a little chatterbox about planning everything just perfect and making the right steps...just like he does in life.

I got emotional when I saw him crossing the finish line. We've struggled so much this last year and he has carried US in many ways that I was estatic to see him do something just for himself. He is always taking care of me...worrying about me, my family, his family, his work, friends...it's so nice to see that he is remembering how important he is too.
RJ and Jared's official finish times. They both did great!!!
Relaxing after the race.
So proud of them...
It was a cold moring but my entire family (except Drew...cause he's a working man : ) ) came to cheer RJ on. We are so lucky to have their support and love.
The sisters...Stacey and Casey.
The Dad...Chesley, Amy and the brothers...Corey and Ashton.

The Mom...Patrice.

I love you buddy and really am SOOOOO very proud of you!!! Congratulations!

6 comments:

The Showalters said...

That is so cool! I am always impressed that people can do those. I am a terrible runner! Hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

fun day...very proud of RJ for doing so well, keep up the good work and Chelsea you are a great support for him..a super couple..

Anonymous said...

love the new paper and tunes...momma p

Anonymous said...

Coming to your blog site is always refreshing and uplifting.

thanks,

CE

RJ Smith said...

Thanks so much for your support babydoll. This means a lot to me. I can't even bring the music up. Websense blocks even the player from coming up.

Jessica said...

Anyone who can run a block is amazing to me.Yeah for RJ.
Keep up the support. And RJ, keep up the hard work.