Wednesday, April 30, 2008

shaking off the rust

I can't count all the times I have had someone tell me how hard change is. The nice thing is that i've been rusted in this position for so long that it actually feels good to stretch out a little. I feel like I'm starting to gain a little more balance as I take steps outside the lines and begin the journey to the top of the mountain. I hold tightly to all the values and friendships of the past and relish in the companionship of new experiences and people. It feels good to redefine words like love, compassion, FORGIVENESS, talent, acceptance and action. All the words that weave themselves into MY story and all the punctuation that I now understand is under MY control. I know I'm chapters away from the end but at least now I'm happy about that!!!! If you are reading this...I LOVE YOU!!!!

Stop and Stare by One Republic
This town is colder now
I think it's sick of us
It's time to make our move
I'm shakin' off the rust
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years
Steady hands just take the wheel
Every glance is killing me
Time to make one last appeal for the life I lead

Stop and stare
I think I'm moving, but I go nowhere
Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared
But I've become what I can't be
Stop and stare
You start to wonder why you're here not there
And you'd give anything to get what's fair
But fair ain't what you really need
Oh, can you see what I see

They're tryin' to come back, all my senses push
Untie the weight tags I never thought I could
Steady feet don't fail me now,
I'm gonna run till you can't walk
But something pulls my focus out, and I'm standing down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I love you the best"

Emily said...

You're amazing Chels! Love you tons!